As iOS 10 has already been released we have not seen jailbreak nor we have heard about any regular jailbreak teams. No matter whether it’s because they’ve stepped back and because Apple really has made this harder to produce the jailbreak is anybody’s guess and, with new iOS 10.2.1 latest iOS update, this seems that gap is widening. It was till Italian hacker named Luca Todesco came for a rescue. Luca has released the Yalu Jailbreak for the iOS 10.2.1 in spite of telling us that the things will get harder in future.
Before You Start Jailbreaking:
But, before you get very excited, you have to read following.
- You can’t directly install the Yalu at your device, you should side load this using the Cydia Impactor as well as we have steps for this below.
- It’s semi untethered jailbreak & that means you will need to Rejailbreak iOS device every time you will reboot the device
- Yalu jailbreak is at beta and might cause instability issues or bugs. It’s deleted easily though if this causes any problems to you.
Download Yalu Jailbreak
Cydia Impactor Download
Yalu iOS 10 – 10.1.1 (mach_portal)
Yalu iOS 10.2 (Yalu102)
How you can Install Yalu at 10.2.1
Ensure you follow the steps as written.
- Connect the iPhone and iPad to computer and back up your data by using the iTunes or iCloud
- Ensure you disable following [ they will get enabled again]. Touch ID, Passcode, iPad and Find My iPhone
- Download the Yalu IPA File on your device
- Download the Cydia Impactor on your computer & open it
- Find Yalu IPA File & drag or drop this in Cydia Impactor window
- You now will have to input the Apple ID details
- Cydia Impactor can side load the Yalu on your iPhone and iPad so stay patient
- When this has finished, you can disconnect the device and open Settings app
- Go at General > Profile and Device Management & tap on Trust button to side of Yalu certificate
- From home screen, you can tap on icon named mach_portal or Yalu102 & wait while jailbreak installation gets complete; the device may respring when this is done
- Cydia now will be on iPhone/iPad and is set for use
After The Jailbreak
There’re 3 things to get aware of :
Whenever you reboot the device, you may have to carry out 10 and 11 Step above and reload jailbreak
Yalu certificate may expire each seven days [till you use developer ID, and it would be 12months ] and you may have to Rejailbreak the device. Check linked article for more information about how to do.
It is on you as whether you would like to try Yalu jailbreak in this stage. Luca has posted .ipa publicly himself, as well as requested the feedback that he did not want and requested on 10.1.1 version of tool. It implies that, to certain extent, he considers this acceptable for the general use. And substrate is also enabled example, Cydia do no freeze on respringing.
Yalu Jailbreak video Tutorial